Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beach Day!


Today I took my teen girls class to the beach. It was a perfect day. Lot's of sun, cool breezes, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, and good company!


From the beach we saw a seal, several dolphins, plenty of seagulls, and bunches of bunny rabbits on the trail.

We had great snacks to eat, and they were healthy for us. There were fresh strawberries, plums, cherries, trail mix, pretzels, and bottled water.

We protected ourselves with sunblock, and had an umbrella for shade. The girls got into the ocean and found some boogie boards to ride the waves with.

After several hours of sun, sand, and water, we took a walk down the beach and onto a nature trail. I had spent many of my summers at this beach growing up, and it was all very nostalgic for me. I showed the girls where my boyfriend and I carved our initials in a tree when we were sixteen. Wow, it does not seem like that long ago!


We got back home in the early evening, which is why this blog is going to be short! I have much still to do and I am beach tired!


All and all, we had a lovely day at the beach. Good food, exercise, relaxation, and friends. Now that is a good day!


Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin