Thursday, October 29, 2009

Band vs DJ: The Great Debate

I wanna rock and roll all night!

That is my theme for our wedding entertainment. I want it to be a party. I want people on the dance floor the entire time. I want to shake my groove thang and fist pump to Journey's Don't Stop Believin'.

My dilemma was how to go about making this happen. I love live music but a DJ can play anything I want. So like the little organized wedding maestro that I am, I sat down and made a list of the pros and cons of both.

Live Band

Pros
-Awesome atmosphere
-Provides a party feelings
-Adds own twist on songs
-Furthers sing-a-longs (a must, in my book!)

Cons
-Expensive
-Can't play everything I want
-Can be difficult to negotiate with
-More people to deal with and house and feed
-Band requires more space (which means possibly renting a bigger tent)

DJ
Pros
-Cheaper than live entertainment
-Can play any song I want
-Songs will sound like themselves, not twisted versions
-Takes up less space than a band

Cons
-Could end up with someone like this:


So what's a poor bride to do? Band or DJ, DJ or Band....Argh, the great internal debate rages on!

What form of entertainment are you having at your wedding? What were your deciding factors? Which one should I go for? I'd really like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin